Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Farewell...Whitney Houston




In case you're wondering why I've been MIA for almost a week now, I was actually down with the flu over the weekend. I just used my rest days to rest - no TV, no facebook, twitter, blogger, etc. And now that I'm better (though still with some traces of colds), I'm back to the netizens' world. In spite being sick last Monday though, while I was lying down in our room and listening to the news on TV, something made me stand up and watch the news. Whitney Houston died at the age of 48.

It was really a sad news...I grew up with her songs in the late 80s, 90s and early 2000. Though until now I haven't watched the movie The Bodyguard completely, I Will Always Love You is really one of my favorites among her songs. I was in grade school and we sang on one of our school programs her song The Greatest Love of All. I loved her other songs I Wanna Dance with Somebody, Saving All My Love for You and When You Believe just to name a few. I also remember that (for so many years) on New Year countdowns, my sister would buy blank cassette tapes (yes! Hindi pa uso nun ang CDs!) to 
record the top 100 songs and her songs were always on the top. Needless to say, her death is really a big loss to the music industry. And it's sadder that her death was surrounded by controversies. But for those who know her music, she will always be remembered as a one of the best singers all of time....


Thank you for the great music...
Rest in Peace
Whitney Elizabeth Houston
August 9,1963 - February 11, 2012



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for checking out my post! :) Please feel free to leave me some <3 notes. (",)