Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Got Pampered at Meddah Spa


I love day spas…I love love love a good massage! Best therapy if you're feeling down (for me, other than shopping and getting a hair treatment). If you also love a good massage, raise your feet!! =p  


Yesterday I went to Meddah Spa in Crossroads, Banilad because I had an appointment for a stone massage. I got this awesome deal from Ensogo and it’s expiring Nov 15 so I had to use the voucher. I almost cancelled my appointment due to laziness but I didn't want to throw away my Php475. :p





Meddah Spa has always been one of my favorite go-to places for a good massage ever since when I was just visiting Cebu and then when I finally moved here in 2004. They’ve been in business long before there was Sawadee and Anara Spa. But later on I was frequenting Sawadee/Anara more or just having a masseuse come over the house and have forgotten about it. Thanks to Ensogo, I’ve re-discovered the wonders of Meddah spa. I’ve tried other massage places here in Cebu that offers cheaper services (less than Php500) but I was never satisfied. I would end up with a sore body for 1 or 2 days. So I never went back to them. My faves are the ones I’ve named. And even though it’s more expensive than others (but still cheaper than Chi', The Spa Cebu or other hotel day spas), I know that it’s worth it.

Although one thing I’ve noticed with the day spas here in Cebu, unlike in Manila, they don’t have sauna and steam bath (or if they do, you have to pay extra for the sauna). In Manila, there are day spas wherein you can use their sauna as much as you want before your treatment. Yes, even the cheaper ones. Though I asked the receptionist at Meddah and she told me that they already have sauna but it's under repair at the moment. 

Stone Massage
One of the specialties of Meddah Spa is the hot stone massage. 

From Wikipedia
A stone massage is a massage that uses smooth, flat, and heated rocks placed at key points on the body.
 
Technique
Generally the rocks used in a stone massage are basalt,[citation needed] which has high heat retention qualities. Stones are placed in water and heated to approximately 125 °F (52 °C) before placement on the body. The stones are usually placed on specific points on the back, but can be placed other places such as between the toes, or in the palms of the hands.
Effect
The heat of the rocks causes muscles to relax, thus allowing the therapist to apply deeper, more precise pressure if desired or necessary.




I have cold feet and I love the warmth...so it was really relaxing and comforting for me to get the stone massage. And it's really a great way to relieve stress. Credits to my therapist, Lian, and Meddah Spa. :) Their therapists are highly trained and it's really worth the time and money to go there and get yourself a therapy. Good thing I dragged myself to Banilad! I had a great stone massage and I’m sure I’ll be back to Meddah Spa one of these days. ;)


Meddah Spa also offers other spa services and packages that you can choose from. Their massage services range from Php600 to Php1100 (regular price, I got mine for half the price, sulit!). Their body treatments (i.e. scrubs, pack, wrap, etc.) are priced from Php990 to Php1300. They also have facials and special packages. You may call them at (032) 234-2080 for reservations and inquiries. Or you can just go there right away and get pampered! (",)


Happy Wednesday, y'all! (",)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for checking out my post! :) Please feel free to leave me some <3 notes. (",)